ABP’s key environmental policy commitments are listed below:
- Comply with all environmental legislation and other compliance obligations that relate to our business.
- Protect the environment, including preventing pollution and contamination and minimising disturbance by ensuring that each business unit has the best tools in place to operate effectively
- Respond to environmental incidents or emergencies in order to reduce our impact upon the environment.
- Provide appropriate and relevant training and environmental information to all colleagues working for or on behalf of ABP.
- Strengthen our business resilience and prepare for the consequences of climate change.
- Target continual environmental improvement and set measurable environmental targets and objectives.
- Pursue the efficient and responsible use of natural resources ensuring that energy, water efficiency, waste and carbon reductions are integrated into business decision making.
- Manage and aim to reduce the environmental impacts of our operations, through a process of risk assessment, audit, review, training and guidance.
- Communicate and engage on environmental matters with employees, stakeholders and port users.
- Manage all of the above via a compliance management system, which is integrated with other business processes.